With everyone on edge about the coronavirus, should dog owners be worried about their beloved four-legged friends? Read this article to get informed about the coronavirus and its impact on pets.
Can the Coronavirus Infect Dogs?
At this point, no evidence indicates that animals can get or spread COVID-19. Although a dog from Hong Kong did test positive for the virus, that doesn’t mean the animal was infected. It’s more likely that the dog was contaminated.
There are many viruses that can’t be spread between pets and people, and COVID-19 is one of them. However, animals still get sick from variations of human diseases.
Different strains of coronavirus have been known to infect dogs, leading to the development of a coronavirus vaccine for canines. The coronavirus that affects dogs poses no risk to humans, so you don’t have to worry about you or your family catching it.
But we are not suggesting that you should throw caution to the wind. You must still do everything you can to strengthen your dog’s immune system. This will protect your pet from any potential illness, whether it’s the coronavirus or another disease.
Steps You Can Take
Despite its low risk to pets, you still need to be careful around your dog if you become infected with the coronavirus. Here are the general recommendations:
- ● Find someone who can care for your dog while you are recovering;
- ● If unable to find a pet caregiver, wash your hands anytime you interact with your dog;
- ● Whenever possible, avoid touching your pet;
- ● Don’t give your dog leftover scraps from your plate;
- ● Keep an eye on your dog’s health and get in touch with your veterinarian if there is any cause for concern.
It’s wise to get prepared before a crisis occurs. Make sure you are ready for emergencies by following the steps below:
- ● Predetermine who will care for your dog in case you get sick;
- ● Buy extra pet food to store up in case you are quarantined;
- ● Stock up on any other pet care supplies and medications;
- ● Feed your dog a nutritious diet to ensure your pooch stays healthy.
Want to keep your pup healthy and strong? Provide a nourishing diet. This is one of the most effective preventive measures you can take.
But this requires choosing a high-quality pet food brand that contains healthy, safe ingredients. PureLuxe Pet Food falls into that category.
This food doesn’t contain any of the following:
- ● By-products
- ● Chinese ingredients
- ● Gluten
- ● Grains
- ● Potato
- ● Tapioca starch
The ingredients found in PureLuxe Pet Food are ethically sourced and provide plenty of Omega 3s and pre and active probiotics, which support your pet’s inflammation response while strengthening the immune system.
And because your dog deserves the best, we make sure that real meat or fish is always at the top of the ingredient list.
Other immune-supporting ingredients include:
- ● Coconut oil
- ● Turmeric
- ● Complex vitamins
- ● Dried kelp
While there is no reason to panic about the coronavirus, there is every reason to support your dog’s immune system with a healthy diet. This is one of the best ways to protect your canine.